As part of the “Integrative Taxonomy” initiative of the state of Baden- Württemberg, a competence center for biodiversity and integrative taxonomy (KomBioTa) is being established at the University of Hohenheim in cooperation with the Stuttgart Museum of Natural History.
The Faculty of Natural Sciences invites applications for the position of an
Executive Manager of the Competence Center
(100 % in pay group A14)
starting at the earliest possible date.
The tasks include managing the day-to-day business of KomBioTa on behalf of the Executive Board and providing organizational and scientific support to the Executive Board in the strategic orientation and further development of the research center. You will be responsible for classic administrative tasks, such as budget planning/monitoring, managing third-party funding projects, and personnel matters. In addition, you will have scientific responsibilities, as you are expected to contribute to the content and conceptualization of teaching and to apply for third-party funding programs, lecture series, conferences, and colloquia as part of the research center’s scientific event program. You will also support the Executive Board in establishing and maintaining scientific infrastructures and networks.
- Excellent university degree in a natural science field (MA level), doctorate desired
- Experience in acquiring and coordinating research projects and international research networks
- Experience in science management, including financial and resource management
- Experience in conceptualizing and organizing national and international scientific events and knowledge of university organizational structures, procedures, and processes are desirable
- High level of communicative and social competence, integrative approach, self-initiative, structured and independent working methods, flexibility, and commitment
- Excellent knowledge of English is required (knowledge of other foreign languages is advantageous)
Depending on the candidate’s experience and qualifications, the contract will initially be for a period of 5 years.
The University of Hohenheim is committed to the goal of equality between men and women. Applications from women are therefore welcomed. If qualifications, suitability, and competences are equal, severely disabled persons will be given priority.
Please send your application with relevant documents to the University of Hohenheim, Vorstand des Kompetenzzentrums für Biodiversität und integrative Taxonomie (101), 70599 Stuttgart. Please submit the documents exclusively in electronic form using the University of Hohenheim’s application portal by 20 October 2020.
If you have any questions, please contact Prof. Dr. Johannes Steidle, Prof. Dr. Martin Hasselmann, or Prof. Dr. Lars Krogmann.